Realtime Arranger Software
Incredibly powerful. Incredibly easy.
Runs on Windows. Uses Yamaha PSR/Tyros/Genos keyboards as sound generators.
Tired of the same 20 years old firmware built-in your hardware arranger?
Groovyband Live! A breath of fresh air, bringing premium features you won't find anywhere else.
Try it for yourself !!
Download a fully functional free demo that includes 550 styles. Directly discover all the features Groovyband Live! has to offer: you won't look back anymore!
To install, configure midi and learn to use the software, please read the User Manual.
File size: 39 MB - build 18120
- 4 midi inputs: 2 keyboards (primary for acmp/lead parts, secondary for aux parts) + 2 keyboards/control surfaces for midi automation.
- Settable bindings to trigger internal commands/settings from input midi data (note on/off, CC).
- 1 midi output to sound source (Yamaha XG compatible sound generator). For optimum results we recommend mid/high range Yamaha arranger keyboards (PSR S950/S770 or better, Tyros 3 or better, Genos).
- Style sections: 3 intros, 3 endings, 8 mains, 8 fills, 2 breaks. 8 accompaniment parts. All parameters customisable on a section by section basis. Half bar fill. Fill type (auto, source, dest). Fills and Breaks syncable to measure start. Loopable Intros and Endings. Main sections can be copied and reordered. Selectable pattern for main sections parts.
- 8 APG (Active Part Group) slots, to instantly mute/unmute the whole set of accompaniment parts according to a pre-programmed template.
- 4 lead parts (can be freely allocated in any way to the left/right of the split point). Left hand voices hold. Right hand voices invert. Right hand voices transpose +/- 2 octaves. Accompaniment/lead parts volume balance.
- Harmony (up to 3 additional voices) freely programmable for any lead voice.
- 4 aux parts to be played on the secondary keyboard. Key and velocity ranges freely settable for any split/layer combination.
- 8 OTS (One Touch Settings) slots. Ots linkable to Main sections.
- 8 Memory slots for OTS and aux voices to copy data within and across styles.
- Start/Stop. Syncro start, syncro stop. Split on/off, position freely settable, fixed or dynamic. Hold left. Bass Inversion. Tempo 20÷240 bpm, tap tempo. Tempo hold/lock. Fade in/out.
- General transpose +/-12 semitones. General volume/mute.
- Mixer strip: mute/solo, volume, balance, pan, IFX DSP on/off/bypass. Sends to Variation, Chorus and Reverb effect DSPs. Dry level. EQ settable through voice parameters.
- Global DSP bus: DSP on/off/mute, return, pan, send to Chorus/Reverb. Global variation DSP routable as IFX.
- Voice editor for any exposed XG voice parameter.
- Dsp Editor. 16 memory slots for every DSP algorithm. 81 algorithms supported, logically grouped into families.
- Unlimited registrations, to save a style + every other global program parameter. Customisable startup registration to setup everything at program startup.
- Chord recognition: minimum 2 notes on the left of the split point. 37 types: major, 6, M7, M7b5, M7(#11), add9, M7(9), 6(9), b5, aug, 7aug, M7aug, m, m6, m7, m7b5, m add9, m7(9), m7(11), mM7b5, mM7, mM7(9), dim, dim7, 7, 7sus4, 7(9), 7(#11), 7(13), 7(b5), 7(b9), 7(b13), 7(#9), sus4, sus2, 1+5, 1+8.
- Preset voices: 1315 (of which 480 XG voices).